Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Parenthood

4:30 a.m. Woke up on my own.  E is still sleeping.  My husband played with him until 1:30 a.m. this morning so that E can be dead tired and goes to sleep for the rest of the night.

I was not sure about the tactic but I went to sleep around 9:30 p.m. last night so that I can get up for my night shift to take care of E.  I did not sleep well.  I had a horrible nightmare of my father, in it, we were all under Japanese occupation (Taiwan was under Japan's control before WWII)  and I was worried about his life.  I was so afraid that he would die.  This is weird because I don't dream of my father often.

My father and I fought a lot during this trip home.  We talked almost every night because he was worried about my sister still being single.  My father worries about us all the time and most of time in my mind is really unnecessary.  But what can I do?  I guess I will worry about E for the rest of my life.  That is for being a parent.

No comments: