Thursday, October 20, 2016

One day at a time!

I don't know how time just flies and November is around the corner and the election day,  Oh boy, I have been listening to this campaign circus for several months now and I am kind of glad that it is going to be over and finally I don't have to hear his voice again.  

Now, the weather is getting chillier and the leaves are turing red in the backyard of the apartment which means the holiday season is here.  I love the Thanksgivings and the winter break because it is the the time of drinking hot tea, red wine and hot soup.  Besides the food, it is also the time of holiday sale in the ceramic studio.  Every year, I have hard time deciding whether or not to participate at the holiday sale at the Brick House, but inevitably I joined the party.  This will be the third year.  

I think the hesitation of participating is that I do not have enough works, but in the end,  I say to myself that if I ever stop, then I would have harder time to motivate myself to restart again.  And the truth is that if I were stuck (which happens pretty often), I just have to force myself to continue going.  Because it all works out in the end.  I have to contribute this motivation to James victore. I love the way he just go right to the point and no sugar coating about any of the nonsenses.  

Back to reality,  I got up very early involuntarily because Ev got up at 4:17 a.m. Is it even possible that his brain is still developing?  I asked him the question and without hesitation, he said NO.  I have figured out that I should not be worry about what he is learning or what he should do and what not, because I have a more fundamental issue here that I cannot solve, WHY DOESN'T HE SLEEP MORE?  

So,  I made him lunch, and the funny thing is that I am not sure whether he would eat it?  On the right side of this lunch box is cheese sandwich because he does not want the cheese and ham mix together.  At the end of the day, whenever I discovered that there are left over, it always make me a little nuts.  The excuses are always (1) I was full, (2) I don't like this or that, or (3) I do not have enough time.  sigh... I wanted to tell him that there are people in the world who are starving and yes,  I am turning into my parents (somewhat).  


I also took a day off to clean the apartment and prepare for the lunch get together for some of my pottery ladies from the studio.  As much as I was sleep deprived,  I baked a pumpkin cake, one of my favorite things to do.  It turned out delicious and I did not put a lot of sugar!  







No comments: