Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Never a dull moment


Ev is sick again, the fifth time this year which means once a month he has a cold with running nose, cough and occasional throw up.  I don't know if any of the baby books ever talk about this but maybe it did and I just never really paid any attention.  The truth is that I used to read all kinds of stuffs because I did not know anything about baby and being the first time mom, you just feel the need to read so that you don't freak out.  But I freak out anyway when Ev get sick the first time (or the 10th time) and I immediately start checking all my reference books or website.  Now,  I am a little calmer when he has running nose because I  know Ev better and I know what to look for if there is any problems.

But every child is different and you just can't expect your child will have the same reaction towards things, people or event.  And I used to criticize some children or parents for their behaviors because I found them ridiculous, now I know better to shut up :)

Anyway,  I had a crazy day yesterday after Ev threw up his lunch (a very messy type, the type I had to hose him down in the tub)  from coughing too much and he was clinging to me (literally holding my legs because he wanted me to sit with him)  whole day long.  On top of that, he barely napped which is when I took my little break.  That was out of the window too.  So,  I decided to throw something into this craziness by baking muffins.

It was meditation to me.  I locked the kitchen gate and Ev was crying outside.  I baked a dozen of delicious muffins ( chunky banana, guava paste, walnut, raisins, honey and yogurt in the bran muffin).

In the meanwhile,  I gave Ev some muffin pan linings, and he was quiet.  He was playing those papers. Even just 10 minutes,  I will take that!


No comments: